This week has been a series of ups and downs, and my emotions seem to be riding a roller coaster. And before you think it or even say it…NO it’s not “that” time of the month…LOL
- Tomorrow is my oldest niece’s wedding day👰🏻. I am so excited and happy for her, it’s such a special and amazing occasion. It seemed like forever ago when she made the announcement, but it also seems like yesterday. It’s hard to believe that her special day is here, already. It came upon us so fast. Tonight at the rehearsal watching my girls walk down the aisle as her flower girls and then watching her walk down with her daddy (my brother) I have come to realize that I am not ready for this. She is making me feel old…LOL My own kids don’t make me feel old. I was to cool, fun, single aunt when she was born and we quickly became the dynamic duo, she was my sidekick, my babydoll I called her. And now…she’s 21, getting married and about to move across the ocean to Scotland! WOW!!!!
- One of my Aunts, whom I am close to, had a heart attack and experiencing kidney failure. She is scheduled to get a pacemaker and is expected to make a “full” recovery. When I went to visit her in the ICU, memories, feelings and emotions of my mom being in the hospital on her death bed flooded me. I was uncomfortable being there, but I knew I had to be there, needed to be there, wanted to be there. Seeing the smile on her face when she saw my kids walk through her door was worth it!
- This Saturday marks the 1 year anniversary of my mother’s death. Some days it feels longer than a year and other days it feels like yesterday. What exactly does one do on the anniversary of someone’s death? Celebrate? Mourn? Remember? Make a big deal? Do nothing? In its own way, it’s a special day all of its own but it’s not like I don’t remember, celebrate, mourn and continue to keep my mom’s memory alive everyday.
- For some crazy reason, maybe the oddly unseasonal spring-like weather is causing our brains to short circuit, but my hubby and I have been fighting A LOT lately. Sometimes over the silliest and littlest things. Other times it blows up beyond understanding.
- Potty training toddlers🚽…nothing more needs said! LOL
Time keeps ticking, days go by, and we place one foot in front of the other. Life must go on. We each have our own ways of coping with stress and techniques to help us push through the chaos, mine happens to be prayer 🙏🏼 and wine🍷. No matter how big or small and opened or closed things may be, each and everyone of us is “going through something.” Please be kind and smile, you may be that one thing/person someone needs to push through!