It’s New Year’s Eve! December 31, 2016!
Usually on this day I get a bit teary eyed ringing in the new year and remembering all the good bad memories of the old year.
Not this year! It’s officially the last day of the crappiest year EVER and I am not the tiniest bit sad to be kissing it goodbye!
Two months into 2016 and my mom unexpectedly passed…rocking my year and my world! I don’t think I ever fully recovered from that and was able to enjoy all the things 2016 had in store for me.
Looking into 2017 with clearer eyes, I can see some of the many blessings it has in store…
- My dad is officially retiring in January and heading out on a missions trip to Australia
- My oldest niece is getting married in February👰🏻
- My nephew will be turning 16 and hopefully getting his drivers license
- My second oldest niece is graduating high school and off to college👩🏻🎓
- We have a family vacation planned for the first time in what seems like forever! 🏖
- Many birthdays to celebrate…I will be turning 40!😮
- Perhaps there will be a baby or two(not from me!)
- Hopefully some old and new friendships will blossom
Good or bad, I am grasping 2017 with hope, faith and love and praying the best is yet to come!
Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017!🎉🎈